I totally can’t take credit for the meatballs! These are 21 Day Fix Extreme inspired and part of our recipe book that comes with the program. I’ll be the first to say, I’m really not a fan of meatballs, meatloafs, meat patties, really anything of that texture but that has all changed with this single recipe! I will absolutely make this spaghetti squash and turkey meatballs recipe again!
I can’t eat them by themselves though (I know… another weird quick of mine) so I served them over spaghetti squash with a homemade sauce and fresh shredded parmesan cheese on top! DELICIOUS. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Spaghetti Squash and Turkey Meatballs
- 1 - Large Spaghetti Squash
- 1 lb - Lean Ground Turkey Meat
- 1 tsp - Himalayan Salt
- 1 tsp - Paprika
- 1 - Large Egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup - Quick Cooking Rolled Oats
- 2 Cloves - Garlic, finely chopped
- 12 - Fresh Parsley Sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 (15oz) - Canned Tomato Sauce, no sugar added
- 1 (15oz) - Canned Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp - Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp - Coconut Oil
- Optional - Parmesan Cheese
- Spray Oil
- (Serves 6)
- Preheat oven to 400. Cut spaghetti squash lengthwise and remove seeds. Place face down in glass baking dish and bake for 40 minutes. When done, remove from oven and use a fork to scrap "spaghetti" from the inside of the squash. Add coconut oil to spaghetti, cover and set aside.
- Lightly coat large baking sheet with spray oil.
- Combine turkey, salt, paprika, egg, oats, garlic, parsley, and 2 Tbsp of tomato sauce in a large bowl; mix well by hand.
- Roll mixture into 30 1-inch meatballs. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle.
- Warm remaining tomato sauce, fire roasted tomatoes, and Italian Seasoning in a large sauce pan for 10 minutes. Add cooked meatballs and simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve meatballs over spaghetti squash and top with parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- 5 Meatballs = 1 Red & 0.5 Yellow
- 1 1/4 cup Sauce = 1 Purple
- 1 1/4 cup Spaghetti Squash = 1 Green
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese = 1 Blue