Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
A perfect healthy fall or winter meal to warm the belly! This is one of my FAVORITE slow cooker meals that I can pull together in less than 20 minutes and have ready as soon as we get home with the girls in the evening. This is a must PRINT and have on hand for "in a crunch" situations.
Write a review
4 hr 20 min
4 hr 20 min
- 1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper (yellow), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can canned diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz.) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. crushed red peppers
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- Plain Greek Yogurt (optional topping)
- Green Onions, diced (optional topping)
- Cook turkey, onion, bell pepper, and garlic in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes, or until turkey browns. Drain; discard fat.
- Add all ingredients and turkey mixture to the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours (or warm until needed).
- Optional: Add a dollop of plain greek yogurt and top with green onions before serving.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents (for 1.5 cups of chili)
- 1 Red = Turkey Meat
- 1 Green = Diced Tomatoes, Sauce, Peppers, and Onion
- 1 Yellow = Beans & Corn
- .5 Red = Greek Yogurt (Optional)
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/