Savory Zucchini Saute
I *LOVE* picking fresh herbs and vegetables from my garden and walking 20 steps into my kitchen and cooking up a side dish like THIS one! My mom makes *the* best zucchini medley and I have tried to get it like hers for years and the only thing that comes close is when I make it from scratch straight from the garden.
Write a review
- 2 Medium Zucchini, sliced thin
- 1 medium white onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups cherry tomatos, whole
- 1 cup All Natural Tomato Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley
- Salt (to taste)
- Heat Coconut Oil in sauté pan over medium heat. Add garlic and stir 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add sliced onions and zucchini and stir occasionally for 10 minutes (or until translucent and soft). Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, fresh herbs and salt (to taste) and simmer until all vegetables are really tender.
- Serve warm when ready.
- * Extra Special Topping: Add a few slices of fresh mozzarella for a little extra "umpf". *
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/