Raw Almond and Lemon Coconut Squares
Write a review
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- If using chopped dates, cover them with warm water, let them soak for about 5 minutes, and drain. Place sliced or slivered almonds in your food processor and whir them into meal.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of almond meal evenly over the bottom of an 8-inch-square baking pan. Add the remaining ingredients to the food processor and whir until well mixed. Press into prepared pan.
- Chill for a couple of hours until firm, then cut into 16 squares, and wrap each in wax paper or store in an airtight container.
- These will keep at room temperature for a month…if you can resist them for that long.
- Adapted from: http://www.rodalenews.com/print/9553
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/