Pepper Turkey Lettuce Wraps
I will be honest, when my husband said he was making dinner one night I was a little worried. Not that he isn't a good cook because he definitely is but because I have been cooking all our "clean" meals for quite some time. I wasn't sure what he would come up with ... man was I pleasantly surprised!
Write a review
- 1 lb Lean Ground Turkey Meat
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 4 Green Onions, chopped
- 5 Snacking Peppers, yellow & orange preferred, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- 2 cups Brown Rice, cooked
- Head of Iceberg or Green Leaf Lettuce, washed and prepped in whole pieces
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped (optional)
- *EXTRA BONUS*
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp White Vinegar
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Fresh Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Honey
- Dash of Ginger
- Mix together and use as a dressing/sauce on top.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped onions, green onions and bell pepper and cook until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add crushed garlic.
- Brown the turkey meat in another pan over medium heat. Once browned, stir in the onions and peppers. Add chili powder, salt and pepper and remove from heat. Stir in fresh chopped parsley and serve with brown rice.
- Wrap all ingredients in lettuce.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents
- 1 Red = Ground Turkey
- 1/2 Green = Peppers & Onions
- 1 Green = Lettuce
- 1 Yellow = Rice
- 1 tsp = Oil
- ** Sauce is NOT 21 Day Fix Extreme approved.
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/