Every Monday morning, from 11am – about 11:30am ET, Beachbody hosts a network wide conference call for anyone interested in hearing new announcements, recent business advancements, or what most listen in for:
TOP TIPS from successful coaches in the network!
On November 21st, 2016 I was asked to be the guest speaker. Literally, a dream come true! I had dreamt about this moment since becoming a coach back in March 2013 and this year actually put on homemade version of my social card on my vision board so I could look at it every day.
It’s amazing to see something that you worked so hard for and wanted so badly come to fruition. It actually had me in tears, bawling my eyes out while talking to my corporate rep who was delivering the news that they had selected me! ME?!?! I was both stunned and honored, but mostly stunned! One of my favorite aspects of being a coach is that our Corporate leaders get involved and find ways to give back to the coaching community. The National Wakeup Call is something that most aspiring leaders and successful business owners in this business wants to be selected to do one day. So, to be invited to invest my time, energy, and best tips for succeeding in this business was incredible and honestly a day that I will never forget!
I spent weeks writing and rewriting what I had envisioned saying all of these years. My goal was to focus on sharing actionable items that coaches could literally take away immediately and implement within their teams. Since OUR TEAM is the centerpiece to our business, it only felt right to discuss what we’ve done to create the amazing culture we have on Team Xceler8!!
So, here’s what I focused on:
- Creating and consistently communicating your vision for your team.
It’s important that your team knows where your bus is heading and why. Having a vision of what you want your culture to look like, feel like, and operate like will help you drive the bus forward everyday.
- Mentoring your coaches where they are, NOT where YOU want them to be!
Not every coach is going to be a business building rockstar. In fact, the majority are joining because they want to be part of your amazing community. EMBRACE that and encourage them where they are at. Focus on:
- Understanding what THEIR CURRENT goals are and helping them develop a plan to get there.
- Creating a team environment that supports ALL coaches whether they are building or just enjoying the company of other like minded individuals. This means refrain from talking business 24x7. Find other ways to connect as a team outside of leaderboards, trainings, and inspirational videos.
- Staying connected. Get on the phone and TALK to your coaches whether they are producing volume or not. Anyone needing your time, should receive your time. They signed up and chose you as their coach. Make sure you stay in their corner and don’t pass them up for the next new coach you are signing.
- Celebrating small wins but learning to recognize and connect with PEOPLE more.
Recognizing and reinforcing peoples’ behaviors and their personal achievements will create a deeper connection than putting up points and tagging them in a leaderboard will ever do! Recognize things BEYOND the business. Recognition doesn’t have to be around a specific business achievement. Recognition is just the act or process of recognizing someone, for ANYTHING.
Here are a few of my favorites:
- Recognize a “comeback” coach.
- Recognize a “committed” coach.
- Recognize a “goal crusher”.
- Recognize a “comfort zone crusher”.
There are so many thing we can be doing to instill confidence in others and to really create unique and tightly bond cultures. If you haven’t listened to my National Wakeup Call playback, I encourage you do to so! I provide a lot of great TIPS and suggestions throughout the call.
The recording can be found on the Team Beachbody Podcast (November 21st Episode) or by clicking on this audio version: