Oh man… I think I finally nailed a healthy fried rice that is 21 Day Fix approved! I played with a few vegetables and adjusted the typical quantities of rice and protein and VIOLA! this was a delicious meal that everyone LOVED. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. And if you don’t …. just don’t tell me 😉
Kidding! I’m always open to suggestions and modifications.
Healthy Fried Rice
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice (chilled works better so leftover rice is great!)
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 Tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce or Tamari Sauce
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 cup Fresh Green Beans
- 2 medium Carrots
- 1.5 cups Broccoli
- 0.5 Sweet Bell Pepper
- Heat coconut oil in large wok and add onions, stirring 5-8 minutes until soft and light browned. Chop green beans, carrots, sweet bell pepper, and broccoli into small bite sized pieces and add to wok cooking an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove from wok. In a medium bowl, lightly beat eggs and add sesame oil and 1 tsp of soy sauce. Cook in wok for 5-8 minutes or until cooked thoroughly. Chop into tiny pieces and add vegetables back in with brown rice.
- Add remaining soy sauce and cook an additional 10 minutes until warmed completely.
- Remove from heat and ENJOY!!!
- 21 Day Fix Container Equivalents
- (Serves 4 - 1 cup servings)
- 1 Yellow - Brown Rice
- 0.5 Red - Egg
- 1 Green - Vegetables
- 2 tsp - Oils