Garden Fresh Tomato Herb Spaghetti Sauce
So our garden is in full force and I realized today that I had an over abundance of tomatoes and herbs. After try to unload it all on my neighbors, I still had too much so what did I do?! I started to experiment and now we have a brand new garden fresh spaghetti sauce!
Write a review
- 1/2 lb. Lean Ground Turkey (optional)
- 1 - 15oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 cups of Fresh Cherry Tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp of Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 1 medium White Onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (as needed)
- In a medium skillet, brown ground turkey over medium heat and set aside.
- In large saucepan, cook diced tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, basil, and oregano over medium-low heat until tomatoes are soft. About 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, saute onions and garlic in olive oil until soft and lightly browned.
- Combine onion and tomato mixture in sauce pan and add salt and pepper for taste. Let simmer on low heat for 10 more minutes.
- Combine sauce with browned turkey meat in skillet and simmer 5 additional minutes.
- Serve over noodles and top with fresh mozzarella and herbs! ENJOY!!
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/