Dairy Free Ice Cream
You SCREAM... I SCREAM... we all SCREAM for some ridiculously good HEALTHY.... SOFT SERVE "ish" BANANA STRAWBERRY ICE CREAM! Move over Ben & Jerry's because this is the NEW dessert in town. I can't believe how good this was. It didn't last 3 minutes! That or maybe I've been dairy and dessert deprived so long that it just seems THAT good! Either way, this is a SIMPLE recipe that you could create various flavors and combinations with and tonight I decided to add strawberries and crushed almonds to the mix.
Write a review
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or you could use rice or coconut milk)
- 2 frozen strawberries (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 8 raw almonds, chopped (optional topping)
- Cut banana into round slices and layer on parchment paper on top of a baking sheet. Freeze overnight or until banana is completely frozen.
- Put bananas, strawberries, almond milk, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt in a blender or food processor and blend until soft serve "like". Scoop out and serve with your favorite toppings!
- The possibilities are endless!
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/