Oh my… you know that homemade salsa recipe I posted?? Well, get ready to use that in this Clean Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe. I gave it a shot and boy was it FANTASTIC!
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Straight up goodness in a cup or bowl or BIG BOWL!
Write a review
- 3 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 cups Shredded Chicken Breast (cooked)
- 1 cup Homemade Mild Salsa
- 1/2 cup of White Shoepeg Corn
- 1/2 cup Pinto Beans
- 1/2 cup Light Red Kidney Beans
- 2 corn tortillas (6 inches, cut into strips)
- Salt (if needed / as desired)
- Cilantro (if desired)
- Combine Chicken Broth and Homemade Mild Salsa in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Add cooked shredded chicken meat, corn, and beans. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium saute pan, toast tortilla strips and lightly salt. Serve with soup and top with cilantro!
21 Day Fix equivalents
- (2 cups of soup)
- Red = Chicken
- Green = Broth
- Yellow = Beans, Corn, and Tortilla
- Purple = Salsa
FITs Simple http://fitssimple.com/