I have to be one of the pickiest chicken salad eaters out there. In the past, it couldn’t have too much or too little mayo, it couldn’t have celery, I preferred it was some fruit to make it a little sweeter but still savory, not to much salt but enough to bring out flavor, etc. I got so picky I just stopped purchasing it and certainly never attempted making it myself. Pfftttt. That’s was just crazy!
Well, now is a different story. I’ve been trying a few different clean chicken salad recipes since then and was still somewhat unimpressed. So, I came up with one on my own that I believe is quite tasty and just right. I hope you feel the same way!
Clean Chicken Salad
- 2-3 Grilled Chicken Tenderloins (cooked and either chopped or shredded)
- 1/3 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (I use 0% Fage)
- 1/2 Small Green Apple ( chopped in small chunks)
- 1 Tbsp of Crushed Walnuts
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Optional: Himalayan Salt
- Optional: 2 Tbsp chopped avocado
- Combine and mix all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve on whole wheat or whole grain bread or wrap in lettuce. Top with avocado chunks.
- 1.5 red = chicken & yogurt
- 1 green = lettuce (if doing lettuce wraps)
- 1 yellow = slice of toast or pita pocket (if not using lettuce wraps)
- .5 purple = apple
- .5 blue = walnuts
- .5 blue = avocado
- 1 tsp = oil (for grilling chicken)