I seriously cannot get enough of my oatmeal. It’s a great source of fuel for me on long run days, it hits the spot on cold winter days, and my girls love it straight from the stovetop on the weekends. I typically make a big batch on Sunday night and portion them off to use throughout the week. They refrigerate fine and I pop them in the conventional oven (we don’t own a microwave… I know I know… that’s a different story) with my favorite toppings and it’s ready to go in less than 10 minutes! Very convenient and very healthy!
Baked Banana Almond Oatmeal
- 2/3 cup Cooked Steel Cut Oats
- 1/2 medium Banana (sliced)
- 2 Tbsp Almond Slices
- FREEBIE - Cinnamon
- Optional: Drizzle Maple Syrup or Honey on top
- Cook steel cut oats per directions. I typically make a large batch on the weekends and cook for about 20-25 minutes on the stovetop. Refrigerate portions as needed.
- If you are eating it immediately, you can top it with banana slices, almond slices, a sprinkle of cinnamon (to your liking) and a little drizzle of natural sweetener (maple syrup or honey is best).
- Bake in your oven at 425 for 5 minutes or until caramelized and slightly crisp.
- * If refrigerated, layer with ingredients and bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- 1 Yellow = Oats
- 1 Purple = Banana
- 1 Blue = Almond Slices
- Freebie = Cinnamon
- 21 Day Fix Optional: You can use 1 tsp of honey as a natural sweetener when on the 21 Day Fix. Honey is NOT allowed on the 21 Day Fix Extreme.